2020 GIPS Updates
The new CFA Institute’s GIPS standards are a comprehensive overhaul of the 2010 standards. The update is designed to expand applicability of the standards to all asset managers and asset classes.
Below, are key questions you should be asking about the new standards. Later this month, we’ll publish a more detailed review that answers these questions, and how STP Investment Services can partner with you to guide you in adapting and staying in compliance.
1. Does your firm use BDPFs (Broadly Distributed Pooled Funds)?
2. Has your firm used Money-Weighted and/or Time-Weighted returns?
3. Does your firm manage a multi-strategy portfolio?
4. Would your firm want to include carved-out performance with allocated cash?
5. Does your firm have funds with wrapped or bundled fees?
6. Do you follow GIPS advertising standards?
More to come on the 2020 GIPS updates, but for now, you should be aware that these changes went live January 1, 2020.
STP’s Performance Measurement group, with CIPM-certified experts, has a deep understanding of the GIPS standards, the new 2020 updates, and what they mean to you.